EXPENSE RATIOS IN MUTUAL FUNDS
Learn even more about this topic with the Encyclopedia of Personal Finance™
Various fees and expenses add to the investor's total cost of
some securities. Many investors are becoming increasingly aware of how one of
these costs—the expense ratio—can affect the performance of their mutual funds.
This tutorial examines the expense ratio and discusses its potential impact on
- What Is an Expense Ratio?
- CALCULATING A MUTUAL FUND EXPENSE RATIO
- WHAT''S INCLUDED IN A MUTUAL FUND EXPENSE RATIO?
- Where Do You Find a Mutual Fund''s Expense Ratio?
- What Is the Typical Range for Expense Ratios?
- How Does the Expense Ratio Affect Investment Return?
- SUMMARY OF EXPENSE RATIOS IN MUTUAL FUNDS
To begin, let's define the expense