Learn even more about this topic with the Encyclopedia of Personal Finance™
Most Americans don't start saving for retirement as early as they need to. This leaves many people dependent on Social Security for their retirement funds. But will Social Security funds be there when you retire? How much Social Security will you need to live comfortably in retirement? This tutorial will help you understand what Social Security is, how it is collected, and whether or not you can expect it to be there for you when you retire.
This tutorial will cover the following topics:
- What Are Social Security Benefits?
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS?
- HOW DOES ONE QUALIFY FOR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS?
- Who Pays Social Security Taxes?
- SOCIAL SECURITY: WILL IT BE THERE FOR YOU?
- SUMMARY OF SOCIAL SECURITY
Let's start by reviewing Social Security benefits.